AirFuel Alliance Announces “the Future of Wireless Charging” Panel at CCNC in Conjunction With CES 2021
- Seven leading experts in the wireless power industry will address head-on misinformation, obstacles, and opportunities for wireless charging.
AirFuel Alliance, a global coalition of companies advancing universal standards and broad adoption of wireless power technologies, is partnering with the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) to bring together a panel of experts on wireless power at the Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC) to be hosted virtually from January 9-12, 2021.
Held in conjunction with the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2021), the world’s largest trade show on consumer technology, the IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference is a major annual international event organized with the objective of bringing together researchers, developers, and practitioners from academia and industry working across all areas of consumer communications and networking.
Sharing details on the upcoming virtual panel discussion, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, President of AirFuel Alliance and Panel Moderator said, “We have assembled an illustrious panel that includes seven leading experts in wireless power technology. I look forward to exploring the state of the industry and addressing the vast opportunities that exist to innovate and overcome obstacles we face as we change consumer’s experience for the better.”
“The Future of Wireless Charging” Panel at CCNC will be hosted on Monday, January 11th, 2021 from 12:00-1:30 pm ET.
Representing both business enterprise and academia across all segments of the wireless power supply chain, the slate of panelists includes:
- Moderator: Sanjay Gupta, President & Chairman, AirFuel Alliance
- Alex Lidow, CEO & Co-Founder, Efficient Power Conversion Corporation (EPC)
- Cesar Johnston, COO & Executive Vice President of Engineering, Energous
- Melike Erol-Kantarci, Canada Research Chair in AI-Enabled Next-Generation Wireless Networks & Associate Professor, University of Ottawa
- Joshua Smith, Zeutschel Professor in the Allen School of CSE & Department of ECE, University of Washington
- Chengbin Ma, Associate Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Michigan-Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute
- Jacob Babcock, CEO, NuCurrent, Inc.
Alex Lidow, Founder and CEO of EPC, and an AirFuel Alliance Board member and panelist, shared, “Our conversation will tackle issues often avoided in the wireless power community such as safety concerns, efficiency, rapid charging challenges, the complexity of system design, and what to expect 5 or even 10 years from now. We know that the market is looking for a seamless, fast, and reliable wireless power experience that has yet to manifest, and we look forward to offering a ‘behind the scenes’ view of the advances that are coming soon.”