Are you finally over the New Year hysteria?
If not, you still have time to regain sanity as we head into the week of CES 2020. Tomorrow, CES® 2020, the world’s largest and most influential tech event, will unlock thousands of opportunities for technology innovation companies and consumers. If you miss it, you risk staying unprepared in the disruptive world of consumer electronics products.
In this article leading up to the event kick-off tomorrow, we thought of highlighting the key CES 2020 themes. These themes showcase the new transformative avenues in the worlds of AI, Robotics, TV and Audio electronics, AR VR, and Smart Cities. With over 4000+ exhibitors demonstration 20,000+ technologies, products, and ideas, we think it made sense to pick the top themes you can’t miss during the event.
Here’s a hand-picked list of themes, speaker sessions, and meetings at CES 2020.
Start-up Zones and Non-Traditional Businesses
Expect some very unique presentations from Bell, Impossible Foods, John Deere, NBCUniversal, P&G, and WWE.
This year, we will see new exhibitors such as Abbott, Bridgestone, Delta Air Lines, DuPont, Humana, and Weber. In all, CES 2020 will feature 1,550+ totally new exhibitors and product lines.
Honored with a prestigious #CES2020 Best of Innovation Award: 🏆 Our Virtual Visor replaces the nearly 100 year-old automotive sun visor by combining a transparent LCD and intuitive camera with intelligent algorithms to block the sun’s glare. https://t.co/R3JSFengpz #BoschCES pic.twitter.com/TxWjKmHnNb
— BoschGlobal (@BoschGlobal) January 6, 2020
Travel and Tourism
It’s fun to see leaders and start-up units in the tourism industry– which is a fast-growing space for technology vendors. This year’s edition is specifically highlighting smart technologies for a connected, holistic travel experience in airlines, cruise and hotel accommodations. Self-service accommodations and rental tourism stays are also making a footfall this year.
Fintech and Digital Banking
We have discovered a totally new track this year related to digital banking trends and the future of fintech. Hear from the fintech leaders on how the worlds of currencies and financial services are evolving with AI, RPA, Blockchain, and related emerging applications.
Gamification and eSports
Who wouldn’t like to see gaming and reality-based interaction with virtual elements?
Sony will once again host its own press conference at CES 2020, and with speculation over a potential PS5 reveal, here are all the dates and times that you need to know. https://t.co/yEQVfwppy9 #Sony #PS5 #CES2020 #Guides #Features pic.twitter.com/IRFQAEqeEd
— Push Square (@pushsquare) January 4, 2020
Experience the new world of gaming and esports, boosted with new technologies such as AR VR, Voice, Drones, and Submersible vehicles, and the all-AI driven cyborgs. This unique line of gaming and eSports themes are already making their headway into some of the leading brands.
We will keep an eye on the emerging CES 2020 themes, including retail technologies, mobile commerce and above all, automobile and smart city transports.
CME Credits Partnership with American College of Cardiology Foundation
At CES 2020, the organizing body- CTA is partnering with the American College of Cardiology Foundation. Together, they will offer CME credits to doctors, nurses and other medical professionals to highlight tech innovations creating solutions for patient care.
Sex Tech in Health & Wellness Marketplace – CES 2020 will feature innovative sex technology products within the Health & Wellness marketplace.
New healthcare topics include home health care, patient-generated data, remote patient monitoring, and more. Digital Health is up nearly 25% for exhibitors.
World Bank Partnership
In addition, CTA and the World Bank have already partnered on a Global Tech Challenge. The unique technology fest will reward start-ups that have deeply-impacted three core areas of the society –
- Gender barriers, and
- Community-enabling technologies
Diversity, Inclusion, and Humanity
Innovation for All programming will take place across all show days on multiple stages.
Conference sessions will explore Chief Diversity Officer insights, how to create inclusive products, ways that D&I is contributing to the bottom line, culture-shifting/hiring differently, and investing in diversity.
Key Speakers: Harlem Capital, SoGal Ventures, Black Girl Ventures, Alice, Google.
Also included in the conference, discussions on Climate Change and other persistent environmental challenges that stare grimly at the human race.
Can’t Miss Sessions and Speakers
- Samsung Keynote Address – Monday, Jan. 6 at 6:30 PM
- Samsung Consumer Electronics Division President and CEO Mr. Hyun-Suk Kim
- Daimler Keynote Address – Monday, Jan. 6 at 8:30 PM
- Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler AG, Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars Ola Källenius
- CTA State of the Industry Address – Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 8:30 AM
- CTA President and CEO, Gary Shapiro and CES Executive Vice President, Karen Chupka
- Delta Air Lines Keynote Address – Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 8:30 AM
- Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian
- Fireside Chat with FCC and FTC Chairmen SuperSession – Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 11:30 AM
- FTC Chairman Joseph Simons, FCC Chairman Ajit Pai, and CTA’s Gary Shapiro
- Chief Privacy Officer Roundtable SuperSession – Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 1 PM
- VP, Public Policy and Chief Privacy Officer, Policy, Facebook, Erin Egan; Senior Director of Global Privacy, Apple, Jane Horvath; Global Privacy Officer, The Procter & Gamble Company, Susan Shook; Commissioner Federal Trade Commission, Rebecca Slaughter; moderated by Partner and Head of Research, Wing Venture Capital, Rajeev Chand
- The Path to the Future of Work – Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 2 PM
- Advisor to the President, Ivanka Trump, and CTA’s Gary Shapiro
- IoT: Moving into an Anticipatory Tech World SuperSession – Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 3 PM
- Co-founder, Loup Partners, Doug Clinton; Executive Director, Electronic Frontier Foundation, Cindy Cohn; Editor-at-Large, CNET, Brian Cooley; Co-Founder and CEO, Affectiva, Rana el Kaliouby; Sr. Director, product management, Smart Home Ecosystem, Google Nest, Michele Turner; SVP, Content Strategy, CBS Interactive Tech Sites, Lindsey Turrentine
- Good for Business, Good for the Planet: How Companies Drive Positive Impact, Presented by MediaLink – Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 4 PM
- Salesforce Chairman and co-CEO Marc Benioff, Unilever CEO Alan Jope and MediaLink Chairman and CEO Michael E. Kassan
- Quibi Keynote Address – Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 9:30 AM
- Quibi CEO Meg Whitman and Founder and Chairman of the Board Jeffrey Katzenberg
- Predictions: How 5G Will Change Your Life SuperSession – Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 10:30 AM
- President, Qualcomm Inc., Cristiano Amon
- U.S. Department of Transportation Keynote Talk – Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 11:30 AM
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine L. Chao
- What’s Next for the Fourth Industrial Revolution? SuperSession – Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 2 PM
- CEO, Siemens USA, Barbara Humpton
- Enter The Quantum Decade – Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 3 PM
- Director, IBM Research, Dario Gil; Senior Manager for Quantum Applications, Algorithms, and Theory, IBM Research, Jeannette M. Garcia; Senior Manager for Battery Research and Technology, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development, Daimler AG, Andreas Hintennach; Vice President of Research and Development, ExxonMobil Research and Engineering Company, Vijay Swarup
- NBCUniversal Keynote Address – Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 4 PM
- NBCUniversal Chairman of Advertising and Partnerships Linda Yaccarino with special guests including Terry Crews, Ester Dean, Kate del Castillo, Mandy Moore, and Natalie Morale
Additional Conference Sessions
Events and Awards
- CES Media Days – Two days of back-to-back news conferences announcing a major product and company news before the show floor opens
- CES Unveiled Las Vegas – The official media event of CES 2020, a sneak peek of more than 180 companies
- Last Gadget Standing, presented by Living in Digital Times – Challengers contend to give the product demo of their lives
- Best of CES Awards, presented by Engadget – Engadget’s editors scour the CES show floor, choosing winners in 16 categories
- Shark Tank Open Call – Shark Tank, the critically acclaimed show, is searching for the best entrepreneurs CES has to offer
Click Here to find access to the CES 2020 themes and daily schedule.
(To share your insights and become part of our Featured Stories, please write to us at email@example.com)