LexisNexis Legal & Professional Introduces Lexis+ Premium Legal Solution
Modern, intuitive design, deeper product integrations and advanced technologies deliver improved data-driven legal insights while enhancing user experience
LexisNexis Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, announced the official commercial launch of Lexis+, a feature-rich, premium legal solution. Lexis+ unites advanced research, practical guidance, brief analysis and enhanced tools with a modern user experience to deliver data-driven insights, greater efficiency and better outcomes.
Lexis+ users will appreciate the dramatic visual styling and simplified layout designed to set a new standard in ease of use. Striking imagery, bold colors and typography improve readability, reduce visual “clutter” and emphasize essential information and tasks. The new Experience Dock creates an integrated starting point for core legal tasks and enables seamless switching between product experiences and workflows. New and intuitive features, such as Search Tree, Code Compare and Shepard’s At Risk, make it easy for practitioners to access the information and insights they need, control their search experience and provide better counsel. Altogether, Lexis+ delivers on the demand for legal solutions that look and work more like the modern technology products that attorneys use in their personal lives.
Recommended AI News: LG Revolutionizes Multi-Screen Experience With Unique LG Wing 5G Smartphone
“We are proud to introduce Lexis+, which delivers a more intuitive and powerful user experience for legal professionals,” said Sean Fitzpatrick, CEO, LexisNexis North America. “In today’s challenging business climate, attorneys need to rely on technologies that make them more effective, efficient and informed practitioners. Lexis+ is a bold step in our long-term strategy to develop legal solutions that improve attorney productivity, workflows and their ability to deliver timely and strategic counsel.”
Recommended AI News: Deloitte Partner, Luciano Cacioppo, Joins Private Equity Firm, Beringer Capital
Developed with feedback from more than 2,000 customer interactions, Lexis+ supports the needs of all market segments – from solo practitioners to the largest firms and legal departments – with enhanced tools and exclusive new features that are not available anywhere else, including:
- Brief Analysis: Extracts citations and legal concepts, recommends other relevant cases and briefs, identifies relevant passages and takes users directly to them, and showcases their Shepard’s treatment – all within a unique dashboard.
- Practical Guidance: Fully integrated practical guidance experience, with practice notes, checklists, annotated forms, drafting tools and industry insights from thousands of leading practitioners easily accessible from its home page and within legal research results.
- Lexis Answers®: Responds to natural language search queries with the best, most relevant answer, taking users directly to its location within the document. Completely redesigned with the latest machine learning capabilities, Lexis Answers offers expanded and more relevant answers across wider question categories and automatic jurisdiction detection.
- Shepard’s At Risk: Alerts attorneys to cases that are at risk of being overruled because the opinions they cite have been negatively treated.
- Code Compare: Quickly identify changes in the law or legislative intent by comparing two versions of a statute section side-by-side, including current, future and archival versions dating back to the early 1990s.
- Legislative Outlook: Predicts the passage of pending bills at the federal and state level.
- More powerful search capabilities that give practitioners more control over the user experience, including:
- Search Tree: Graphically depicts Boolean searches and highlights the impact of each keyword on search results, enabling users to refine searches for the best results.
- Missing and Must Include: Forces natural language searches to include specific keywords, like Google.
- Search Term Maps: Visually depicts clusters of search terms within search results and documents across 35 major content types for fast, easy navigation, trend identification and direct access to relevant information.
- Ravel View: Data visualization technology illuminates key relationships between cases found in text-based search results. Improved offering features new map anchoring capabilities and display improvements.
Recommended AI News: DH2i Featured in 2020 CRN Cloud Partner Program Guide
“Lexis+ was designed for the ways that attorneys work, with deeply integrated product components, cutting-edge technologies and modern design elements that put the LexisNexis applications, content and data that attorneys need right at their fingertips. Regardless of where or how a user starts a research or task, they will be guided to the information that best addresses their legal question,” said Jeff Pfeifer, Chief Product Officer at LexisNexis North America. “By taking a customer-centric approach to product development and emphasizing modern design, Lexis+ delivers a premium legal research experience that is both powerful, intuitive and easy to use.”
Over the coming months, LexisNexis will continue to add new features, content and product integrations to Lexis+, including analytics from Lex Machina, news from Law360 and additional enhancements to the Practical Guidance offering.
Concurrently, LexisNexis is announcing revisions to several product names in the U.S. and Canadian legal markets. Lexis Advance will now be known as Lexis and the ‘Advance’ moniker will be retired from all U.S. products, including CourtLink.
Additionally, Lexis Practice Advisor has been renamed to Practical Guidance in the U.S. and Canada. These changes reflect the positioning of Lexis as the standard research offering in legal markets and Lexis+ as the company’s fully featured, premium offering.
Recommended AI News: Financial Data Exchange Adds 39 New Members With Expanding International Footprint