EastBanc Technologies Announces AI-Powered Business Intelligence Platform for Public Transportation, TransitIQ, Achieves 91 Percent Accuracy for Predicting Arrival Times
EastBanc Technologies, a leader in custom software development, announced that its AI-powered business intelligence platform for public transportation, TransitIQ, has achieved 91 percent accuracy predicting the arrival times of vehicles across 18K bus routes, making more than 400M arrival predictions daily. In addition, the company launched a new version of the platform using a Kubernetes-based cloud architecture that provides even greater flexibility, customization and scale for customers to modernize and optimize their public transportation services.
“More than 7.8M people in the US commute using public transit, making it one of the most critical transportation networks in the country,” said Peter Shashkin, Director of Solutions, EastBanc Technologies. “TransitIQ makes it easy to modernize existing public transportation systems and increase their reliability and flexibility to support real-time needs as well as the longer-term evolution of city infrastructure. Our customers deliver an unprecedented level of reliability and service, which has increased ridership and overall satisfaction with public transportation in their communities.”
“Transit Brain” Predictive Analytics Delivers Unparalleled Transit System Accuracy
TransitIQ is a business intelligence solution that uses GPS and cloud technology to provide a 360-degree view of public transit fleet performance. The SaaS solution addresses common challenges in public transit, notably the ability to share reliable, real-time arrival information and schedule updates with riders. The platform is powered by EastBanc Technologies’ cloud-based TerraIQ IoT platform, and features a “Transit Brain” that can make autonomous decisions regarding when and how to optimize the system based on past, current and predicted events. Today, the Transit Brain is 91 percent accurate predicting vehicle arrival times, and the system is automatically learning as it continues to analyze more data.
For example, TransitIQ enables Houston’s public transit authority, METRO, to utilize real-time data collection and analysis to alleviate bus “bunching,” when vehicles arrive at stops in groups leaving gaps in the schedule and riders frustrated. The system can analyze data to identify efficiency gains possible for the entire system as well as for specific routes or vehicles. The resulting optimization supports a positive rider experience while also improving transit coverage and minimizing inefficiencies to reduce costs.
Recommended AI News: LTI Achieves Premier Partner Status in the AWS Partner Network
New Kubernetes-Based Architecture Enhances Platform Flexibility, Customization, Scalability
Complementing TransitIQ’s reliability milestone, a new version of the platform featuring a Kubernetes-based cloud-native architecture has been rolled out to customers. The new architecture helps increase platform responsiveness and adds more flexibility and efficiency so customers can manage their fleets easily across hybrid and multi-cloud environments. Key platform features include:
- Arrival predictions – TransitIQ translates vehicle positions into arrival time predictions for riders in real time. Continuously learning, it provides the best possible predictions, which are exposed through EastBanc Technologies’ API and industry-standard real-time feeds.
- Schedule optimization – Based on historical analysis of vehicle arrivals to stops and stations, TransitIQ suggests modifications to the original schedule to increase on-time performance.
- Anomaly detection – TransitIQ monitors real-time data 24/7 and instantly alerts customers of anything irregular.
- Business intelligence and performance tracking – TransitIQ tracks and analyzes real-time performance and historical trends in departures, arrival times and delays by route and individual stops.
- Historical playback – TransitIQ’s interactive historical playback enables agencies to turn back the clock to investigate what was happening at a particular time or at a specific stop, including vehicle positions and the arrival predictions displayed on riders’ phones and at stops.
- Public-facing mobile application – The TransitIQ mobile app – available for iOS and Android devices – allows riders to track vehicle positions and arrival times in real time, review transit options and plan upcoming trips. Service alerts and location-based push notification ensure riders are kept in the loop while integration with Bluetooth beacons enables visually impaired users to safely navigate the transportation system. The TransitIQ app can be delivered as a white-labeled solution that can be customized with proprietary branding or integrated with existing agency applications.
[To share your insights with us, please write to email@example.com]