Supply Chain Thematic Viewpoints – Forecast to 2030: Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Technologies, Digital Platforms and Blockchain – ResearchAndMarkets
The “Supply Chain Thematic Viewpoints, Forecast to 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets offering.
“Supply Chain Thematic Viewpoints, Forecast to 2030”
Technological revolutions in the logistics space have resulted in minimizing the current complexities and creating new opportunities for value-chain participants.
Key future themes, including artificial intelligence, autonomous technologies, digital platforms and Blockchain are expected to create much disruption in the value chain and give rise to new participants, business models, and disintermediation among others.
From self-running trucks to automated contracts, the supply chain is ripe for innovation. This is expected to create much disruption in the value chain and give rise to new business models and, potentially, even lead to disinter-mediation within the supply chain.
For instance, the industry is making a conscious shift from asset-centric models to more digital asset-light approaches, enabling new types of services such as on-demand, real-time, and agile last-mile delivery solutions suited for the uncertain nature of the urban supply chain.
Looking ahead into the future, autonomous technologies such as drones and autonomous trucks are also expected to plough the road, as they drive efficiency through cost savings from less fuel consumption. Approximately 200,000 trucks are expected to be making autonomous deliveries by 2030.
Blockchains will introduce more trust and transparency into the supply chain, improving business process agility. Finally, artificial intelligence approaches will lend new cognitive capabilities to moving and thinking assets in the supply chain.
This research service offers a detailed analysis on each of these thematic viewpoints with timelines of impact, empirical evidence, and key participants to watch out for that benefit from these revolutionary transitions. Discover how these segments are disrupting the market:
- Digital Freight Brokerage: Trace the trend of Uberization of logistics based on crowdsourcing and shared economy models.
- Artificial Intelligence: Gain an insight into when the technology will become mainstream from a regulatory and commercial perspective; also spot how they are being used for last-mile connectivity and enabling new agile business models in the supply chain.
- Autonomous Fleet: From mobile autonomous forklifts to autonomous trucks, understand why the logistics industry is focusing on this segment.
- Blockchain: Identify ways in which the technology is being used to enable contractual relationships.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
3. Artificial Intelligence
4. Autonomous Operation
5. Digital Freight Brokerage