Celera Motion Launches Innovative Inductive Encoder Solution for Automation in Extreme Conditions
The new Field Calibration IncOder offers both optical encoder accuracy and inductive robustness, enabling precise measurements in the most challenging environments
Celera Motion, a business unit of Novanta announced the introduction of the Field Calibration IncOder, a groundbreaking new absolute inductive encoder solution that achieves next-level accuracy angle measurement in motion control applications and position feedback in robotics in the most demanding environments.
Read More about Generative AI : Announcing GitHub CoPilotX: World’s Most Powerful Generative AI Pair Programming Tool
“Our new Field Calibration IncOder provides the best of both worlds: the superior accuracy of optical encoders with the robustness of our inductive IncOder series”
The Field Calibration IncOder is designed for applications that need precise angle measurements but in conditions not suited for optical encoders: dusty, dirty and wet environments, or in conditions where high shocks and vibrations are common.
“Our new Field Calibration IncOder provides the best of both worlds: the superior accuracy of optical encoders with the robustness of our inductive IncOder series,” said Swapnil Mane, Vice President of Product Management and Marketing at Celera Motion. “And it achieves all of this in a low-profile, inductive sensor package. By enabling customers to store calibration data within IncOder after installation, a gearshift in accuracy performance is made possible.”
The Field Calibration IncOder optimizes the performance of the inductive sensing method, enabling maximum accuracy performance (up to 10 arcseconds) combined with high environmental integrity. It is ideal for wherever ultra-high accuracy is required, providing more precise measurements for a range of applications. They include field robotics, camera gimbals, SATCOM, advanced manufacturing, surveillance and off-highway vehicles.
Artificial Intelligence Insights: How Artificial Intelligence is Transforming Customer Service – 7 Use Cases
Among the benefits and features of the Field Calibration IncOder:
- The ability to calibrate the encoder in-situ, enabling the highest accuracy position measurement possible
- A low-profile form factor and large bore, making it compact, lightweight and easy to install
- Rugged construction that’s resistant to dust, dirt, oil, water and other contaminants, allowing it to operate in more extreme environments
- The ability to generate calibration tables and store calibration data within the on-board electronics of the IncOder — by communicating with it through a bespoke serial interface
- Multiple size and mounting formats, providing more flexibility in designs
- A duplex mechanical format that provides electrical redundancy, enabling systems to meet higher safety levels
- The ability to operate reliably with high shocks and vibrations, with immunity to external magnetic fields as well.
The Field Calibration IncOder is available in Mini and Midi IncOder sizes (37-300mm). Each sensor is fully configurable in terms of mounting format, connection/cable, supply voltage, single turn and multiturn outputs, extended options and digital protocol options, including BiSS-C, SSI, SPI, ABZ and Asynchronous serial outputs.
Latest AI Insights : OpenAI Announces Initial support for ChatGPT Plugins
[To share your insights with us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Comments are closed.