Enova to Acquire OnDeck to Create a Leading FinTech Company
Enova International and OnDeck announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Enova will acquire all outstanding shares of OnDeck in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $90 million. The implied price of $1.38 per OnDeck share reflects a 43.6% premium to its 90-day volume weighted average price and a 90.4% premium based on the closing price of $0.73 per OnDeck share on July 27, 2020.
This transaction brings together two complementary, market-leading businesses combining world-class capabilities in consumer and small business online lending. Enova and OnDeck are both innovators that have helped revolutionize online lending, using data and advanced analytics to simplify and expand access to financial services for underserved borrowers, while providing an unparalleled customer experience. Enova will add the OnDeck brand, products and services to its existing industry-leading portfolio to create a combined company with significant scale and diverse product offerings in consumer and small business market segments that banks and credit unions have difficulty serving. Together, Enova and OnDeck had $4.7 billion in originations in 2019 and have served approximately 7 million customers.
Recommended AI News: LiveXLive’s “Music Lives ON” Weekly Festival Announces Upcoming Lineup
“This strategic transaction, which brings together two FinTech leaders, is a great opportunity for customers, employees and shareholders of both companies,” said David Fisher, CEO of Enova. “Together, our companies will be stronger because of the complementary strengths and synergies of our businesses. Acquiring a premier online small business lender and its ODX bank platform, and welcoming its innovative and talented team to Enova, will increase our scale and resources, providing us with opportunities to accelerate growth in our increasingly diversified portfolio as we continue to execute on our strategy to create long-term value for all of our stakeholders.”
Noah Breslow, OnDeck Chairman and CEO said, “I am proud of the business we have built and the more than $13 billion of financing we have provided to underserved small businesses since our founding in 2006. Following an extensive review of our strategic options, we believe this is the right path forward for our customers, employees and shareholders. Joining forces with Enova, a highly-respected and well-capitalized leader in online lending, and leveraging our combined scale and strengths, provides the best opportunity for our long-term success.”
Recommended AI News: LocalBitcoins Adopts Elliptic’s Blockchain Monitoring Solutions To Manage Risk And Support Growth
Expected Strategic and Financial Benefits
- Highly Complementary Portfolio of Leading Brands: The combined company will have a portfolio of leading brands and products, with the scale and resources to invest in and drive innovation. Both companies are known for their data and advanced analytics, having created highly predictive, proprietary credit scoring systems for their respective markets.
- Enhanced Ability to Serve Changing Industry and Customer Landscapes: Together, Enova and OnDeck will be well positioned to further support small businesses and consumers in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Both are mission-driven companies focused on empowering the growth and success of small businesses by providing access to efficient and transparent capital and helping hardworking people get access to fast, trustworthy credit.
- Increased Scale and Financial Strength: The combination will create a leading online financial services company with increased scale, more diversified revenues, stronger cash flow potential, meaningful synergies and increased flexibility to drive growth, profitability and shareholder value.
- Experienced Management and Strong, Innovative Cultures: Enova and OnDeck share innovative and customer-oriented cultures, led by experienced management teams who are committed to creating a great place to work for team members. Enova and its management also have a strong history of successfully executing and integrating transactions.
- Significant Shareholder Value Creation Opportunities: The transaction is anticipated by Enova to result in approximately $50 million in annual cost synergies and approximately $15 million in run-rate net revenue synergies to be fully phased-in by year-end 2022. The transaction is expected to be accretive in the first year post-closing and will generate earnings per share accretion of more than 40% when synergies are fully recognized. Shareholders of both companies will further benefit from the opportunity for long-term growth and upside through ownership in a stronger and more dynamic combined company.
- Strong Balance Sheet and Access to Capital Markets: On a pro forma basis, the combined company is expected to have a well-capitalized balance sheet and industry-leading profitability metrics. Enova has a strong funding profile and proven ability to access capital markets to fund and accelerate growth. As of March 31, 2020, on a pro forma basis the companies had combined gross receivables of $2.4 billion, 61% of which were small business assets and 39% consumer assets. For the year ended December 31, 2019, on a pro forma basis including synergies, Enova and OnDeck had estimated combined gross revenue of $1.65 billion, adjusted EBITDA of $427 million and adjusted earnings of $215 million.
Recommended AI News: Microsoft And MSCI To Drive Investments In Cloud, AI And User Experience
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.