Toshiba Releases Intelligent Power Devices That Help Reduce Mounting Areas
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation (Toshiba) has launched two intelligent power devices that control the drive of the inductive loads of motors, solenoids, lamps and other devices used in applications such as the programmable logic controllers of industrial equipment. Shipments of the high-side switch (8-channels) “TPD2015FN” and the low-side switch (8-channels) “TPD2017FN” start today.
The new products use Toshiba’s analog device consolidation process (BiCD) to achieve an on-resistance of 0.4Ω (typ.) in the output stage, over 50% lower than that of Toshiba’s current products. Both TPD2015FN and TPD2017FN are housed in an SSOP30 package, which has a mounting area about 71% that of the SSOP24 package used for the current products, a height of 80% that of SSOP24 package, and a narrower, 0.65mm pin pitch. These improvements will help to reduce equipment size.
Recommended AI: Adelante Enhances Capabilities with Zendesk Setup Solution
The maximum operating temperature of the new products is 110°C, higher than the 85°C of the current products, suiting them for operation in higher temperatures. In addition, both have built-in over current protection circuits and over temperature protection circuits, which help to improve equipment reliability.
 Bipolar CMOS DMOS
 Toshiba’s current products: TPD2005F and TPD2007F
 SSOP30 package: 9.7 × 7.6 × 1.2mm (typ.)
 SSOP24 package: 13.0 × 8.0 × 1.5mm (typ.)
Recommended AI: Tacans Partners With Provenance Tags, Concordium Blockchain Based Anti-Counterfeiting Solution
- Programmable logic controllers for industrial use
- Numerically controlled machine tools
- Control equipment with IO-Link
- Monolithic power ICs with built-in N-channel MOSFETs (8-channels) and control circuits
(high-side switch TPD2015FN has built-in charge pumps.)
- Housed in a small SSOP30 package, with a mounting area about 71% that of the SSOP24 package
- Built-in protection functions (over temperature, over current)
- High operating temperature: Topr (max)=110°C
- Low On-resistance: RDS(ON)=0.4Ω (typ.) @VIN=5V, Tj=25°C, IOUT=0.5A
Recommended AI: ITA Group Launches AI-Powered Channel Sales Claims Management Solution
[To share your insights with us, please write to email@example.com]
Comments are closed.