Verizon Continues To Upgrade Denver’s Best Network
Recent upgrades lead to testing results that show Verizon customers have the best network experience in Denver
Verizon has recently made major upgrades to the network serving customers in Denver, CO. These upgrades are part of a multi-year redesign of its network architecture to stay ahead of exponential data usage increases, upgrade the technology in the network, and to pave the way for personalized customer experiences. Network upgrades in Denver include deploying new cell sites to extend coverage and capacity in local communities. They also include adding more capacity on fiber optic cables to move more data through the network and adding bandwidth to the cellular network to accommodate new services like wireless internet service for homes and businesses. Specifics on the upgrades include:
Latest AiThority Interview Insights : AiThority Interview with Malcolm Koh, Director, CX Practice at Zendesk
- Verizon engineers have been aggressively deploying 5G Ultra Wideband throughout Denver, deploying 5G Ultra Wideband service on more than 200 cell sites. Network coverage has also been expanded recently with the addition of four new macro cell sites and a dozen small cell sites which provide 4G and 5G Ultra Wideband service using both Verizon’s C-band coverage layer spectrum and Millimeter Wave (mmWave) spectrum, its premium, high-band spectrum which allows for extremely fast speeds and massive capacity. Service covers communities including the Denver metropolitan area, from Castle Rock on the south side, throughout Denver, and extending into Boulder and Longmont to the North.
- Denver’s exceptional 5G coverage uses a combination of mmWave spectrum and Verizon’s recently acquired C-band spectrum. Until this year in Denver, Verizon currently uses 100 MHz of the spectrum they secured, but by the end of this year, customers in Denver will be able to take advantage of additional C-band spectrum, significantly increasing the spectrum available for 5G Ultra Wideband. That additional spectrum will turbo charge the service, offering significantly higher speeds, much greater capacity to accommodate more customers and more robust services.
- Lastly, the addition of 5G service and the many additional wireless solutions allow far more data to travel on the wireless network in Denver. That exponential increase in data carried into and out of the cell sites serving the community requires upgraded fiber optic cable links. Fiber optic cables are used to move data between cell sites and connect those sites to the rest of the network. Verizon has increased the capacity on the fiber connections in many cell sites in the Denver area so they can carry 10 times the amount of data.
“Today’s world calls for faster speeds, ultra secure connections and improved coverage in more places. We’re dedicated to bringing the best and latest technologies to local communities, and to keeping our customers connected through 5G,” said Phillip French, Vice President of Engineering and Operations for Verizon.
With these and other technology advancements on Verizon’s network, customers are able to use more data in more ways. This multi-service network powers
- Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices that do very little networking and stay in place,
- smartphones with infinite opportunities to use data in a highly mobile environment,
- home and business internet which provides connectivity via the wireless network for homes, offices and retail environments, and
- complex solutions like Augmented Reality or enterprise real-time video and data analysis that require massive computing capabilities.
As 5G technology advances and is even more widely adopted by consumers, the variety of solutions that will use Verizon’s network will continue to evolve as well.
Read More about AiThority Interview: AiThority Interview with Jon Zimmerman, Chief Executive Officer at Holon Solutions
Denver, CO customers have the best experience on Verizon’s network
The recent network upgrades have led to customers and visitors to Denver, CO having the best experience when using the Verizon network, according to the nation’s most rigorous scientific testing company RootMetrics®. In the most recent test measuring performance of major wireless carriers throughout Denver, Verizon wins for overall network performance, and in fact is unbeaten in every single category tested including accessibility, reliability, speed and performance in texts and calls. Today’s results show great speeds for Verizon customers in Denver with Verizon’s median download speed increasing 235%, median upload speeds increasing 38% since last year* in the market and peak speeds of up to 481 Mbps. In fact, Verizon’s network achieved an overall network performance score of 99.7 out of 100 – the highest score in Denver for any carrier in the history of RootMetrics’ testing.
AiThority Interview Insights: AiThority Interview with Kyle Wong, Chief Strategy Officer at Emplifi
[To share your insights with us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org]