Numerify Obtains Six New Patents in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automation
New Patents Power AIOps and DevOps Use Cases Such as Change Risk Prediction While Shrinking the Cost of Implementing Advanced Analytics
Numerify announced that it has been granted six U.S. patents for advances in AI-powered analytics for IT. The patents represent fundamental innovations in applying artificial intelligence, machine learning, and automation techniques to key challenges IT leaders face in driving higher levels of performance within their organizations. These patents, in addition to the seven it has already received and nine others that are pending, further establish Numerify as the market leader in IT Business Analytics for the Global 2000.
“These patents strengthen Numerify’s core IT business analytics offering and ensure our customers have an edge vis-a-vis understanding and improving their performance across their entire IT landscape,” said Rahul Kapoor, Numerify’s Vice President of Research and Development. “These innovations tackle IT challenges that all enterprises face and are key to helping IT organizations drive higher performance at a lower cost. Our automation-driven platform is unique in the industry in enabling deployments and upgrades that are an order of magnitude faster than conventional approaches. The net result is that Numerify customers benefit from sophisticated insights with a significantly lower total cost of ownership. Our recent inclusion in the latest Gartner AIOps market guide is a further testament to the innovation we bring to the market,” said Kapoor.
Two of the patents involve the application of AI and ML techniques to reduce incident volumes and service level agreement breaches:
- “Automated incident, problem, change correlation analysis system” (US Patent No. 10,346,851) patents an innovative approach to clustering related IT incidents, identifying root cause problems, and pinpointing changes behind incidents. The patented approach is used for both batch and real-time operations to map the underlying relationships between changes, problems, and incidents. It does so by incorporating data across the development-to-deployment-to-operations lifecycle, from agile planning to development, to ITSM to change management, release management, and APM systems. These capabilities are included in the Numerify Change Risk Prediction solution and allow Numerify customers to increase change velocity while minimizing business service interruptions to ultimately deliver higher quality code faster.
- “System and method for determining a time threshold guarantee of a task for updating in a penalty clause of a service level agreement” (10,430,799) enables determination of optimum SLA thresholds that are low enough that the promised response times are satisfactory for end-users, but high enough so that SLA breaches and associated penalties are minimized for service providers. Numerify’s approach not only allows the simulation of any proposed SLA thresholds on historical data, but for metrics like time-to-first-response or time-to-completion, it can also suggest new optimal SLA thresholds or right-size existing ones based on historical data.
The third patent, titled “Efficient Cross Customer Analytics” (10,467,635), enables Numerify to leverage its cloud-based model to provide cross customer benchmarks based on dynamically created groups of anonymous peer customers. The patented approach meets the security and privacy needs of even the most demanding enterprises as it does not comingle any customer data and only persists aggregated cross customer metrics in the cross-customer store. A novel incremental refresh algorithm is used to process streams of incremental data in memory to refresh the persisted cross customer metrics as needed.
The remaining three patents cover automation techniques that reduce the cost of building, deploying and managing analytical applications:
- “Automated definition of data warehouse star schemas” (10,360,239) and “Automated refinement and validation of data warehouse star schemas” (10,095,766) cover software aids for the process of creating and updating star schemas, a procedure traditionally performed manually by domain experts with in-depth knowledge of data sources and target analytical applications. These patented capabilities allow Numerify to rapidly scale its offerings to cover a plurality of new data sources that its customers use. The net benefit for customers is rapid deployments combined with a sharply lower TCO.
- “Automated customization preservation” (10,423,639) covers the Numerify platform’s core capabilities of programmatically handling customer-specific customizations when they are made, as well as preserving them automatically during a release upgrade. Such an approach eliminates the use of professional services, resulting in a vastly reduced TCO for customers.
These innovations further enable enterprise IT organizations to leverage data-driven strategies to drive IT business performance, accelerate their digital transformation initiatives, and realize measurable benefits, including:
- use pre-built machine learning models to analyze data across the IT landscape to distill insights that reduce IT operating costs and improve IT agility,
- reduce the frequency & business impact of outages by uncovering root causes,
- drive a superior end-user experience by meeting pre-negotiated performance and reliability expectations,
- increase adoption of DevOps & Agile throughout the enterprise, and
- reduce the cost of deploying and managing sophisticated analytical applications through automation.