Pixalate Finds 1.8MM+ ‘Abandoned’ Mobile Apps in Google and Apple Stores In Q4 2022
Pixalate, the market-leading fraud protection, privacy, and compliance analytics platform for Connected TV (CTV) and Mobile Advertising, released the Abandoned Mobile Apps Report: Q4 2022, showing that over 1.8MM+ apps between the Google Play Store and Apple App Store appear to have been “abandoned,” meaning that they haven’t been updated in over two years.
Recent AiThority News : IDLE Signs Letter of Intent for Reverse Takeover with Artificial Intelligence Company
Pixalate’s analysis also found 86% (13k+) of abandoned apps with ads transmitted geo location in the advertising bid stream. Additionally, there was a 6% increase in abandoned apps across Google Play and Apple App Store in Q4 vs. Q3 2022, according to Pixalate’s data.
Why This is Important
- “Abandoned” apps may harbor serious safety, data privacy and security concerns.
- The most innovative apps regularly release new improved versions with bug fixes and security patches.
- With the growing awareness of consumer privacy concerns, this issue becomes even more important.
- Advertisers need to take notice of how frequently apps are updated before deciding to invest.
NLP News: First Quick Turn Global Research Platform Powered by Natural Language Processing Adds Industry Powerhouses to Meet Surging Demand
In Q4 2022, there were more abandoned apps (35%+) than recently updated apps (30%)
Here are some of Pixalate’s key findings:
- 1.8MM+ abandoned apps in Q4 2022, up 6% from Q3, the highest volume in 2022
- $29MM estimated programmatic ad spend on abandoned apps in 2022.
- 45% (22k+) of apps registered in Russia are abandoned, 40% (35k+) in China, and 38% (128k+) in the U.S.
- 86% (13k+) abandoned apps with ads transmitted geo location in ad bid stream.
- 50% (68k+) of likely child-directed apps in the Apple App Store are abandoned as of Q4 2022.
Pixalate is the market-leading fraud protection, privacy, and compliance analytics platform for Connected TV (CTV) and Mobile Advertising. We work 24/7 to guard your reputation and grow your media value. Pixalate offers the only system of coordinated solutions across display, app, video, and CTV for better detection and elimination of ad fraud. Pixalate is an MRC-accredited service for the detection and filtration of sophisticated invalid traffic (SIVT) across desktop and mobile web, mobile in-app, and CTV advertising
Latest Aithority Insights : Parascript’s Intelligent Document Processing Solution, formxtra.AI 8.4, Introduces Significant Improvements When Automating the Extraction of Complex Data
[To share your insights with us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Comments are closed.